Wednesday, April 11, 2007
In-class assignment (Reflection on Critical Reading Skills)
Reading class has taught me a lot. I find them very interesting actually. Things like main idea, pattern of organization, fact or opinion, bias, tone, and purpose make me more aware of what I'm reading. Before, I've never notice these things. I just read to understand, not read critically. Right now, I will definitely read differently. It's so good that I learn all this stuff. People think reading isn't important, heck it is. To me, the most difficult skill that I've learnt is main idea. I can never really grasp on how to write or find the main idea and the topic sentence. What I think is right is actually wrong. It is very frustrating sometimes and I always lose marks in that area. I just hope in the final exam, there won't be many questions on that particular topic. Oh please oh please oh please. The easiest skill I would say is fact or opinion. This seems to be common sense when you think about it. And it's not that hard to give the reason why it is a fact or opinion. To me, to conquer these skills is very important because you will definitely need them for your future studies. Not just for reading class but for every class. Or even when you read the newspaper. Or talking to someone. I think. I guess the skill that I always apply is tone. People say I get emotional when I write. I guess it's true in a way. I don't know how to make myself feel neutral. I am a girl anyway. Girls tend to be that way. But whatever people say, I'm not going to change the way I write simply because people comment on it. I like the way I write. There's lots to improve. I'm trying and struggling here to make myself more efficient in my writing. I think I' ll try to add more of the skills I've learnt in my writing. Like bias. Ooh that's interesting... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment